Monday, September 16, 2013

Design Trends

Perhaps it's just a thing that bad pop albums have in common. It seems like the vintage-looking overexposed photo is really popular. But why? Why is this generally frowned upon photography style getting positive recognition? Personally, I'm going to blame it's popularity all of the fourteen year old girls that use the really terrible filters on Instagram (not saying that all Instagrammers are 14 year old girls, but you know where I'm coming from, right?)

Anyway, I don't think that this is a style that's going to last very long. I think that in order to appreciate this kind of work, you have to know what a "properly" exposed photo looks like. You gotta know the rules before you can break them, I guess is what I'm saying. 


And I doubt the majority of the Instagram community know the rules.


end rant



....wait no it's not.

Here's one more trendy thing:


I don't think I really need to talk about this piece since it literally says what I want to say. But here's the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment