Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Best of the Best!

Five pieces that I think are responsible for getting me into the graphic design program:


This is my ad campaign for Saba. This was my only piece that relied solely on illustration so I feel like I had to go all or nothing on this one. I am very happy with the end result. It conveys the art deco travel poster feel that I was trying to achieve.


 Event poster for a band called Why?. This piece is important because I actually created all of these elements outside of the software. Being able to physically make art is a much different process than slappin' some filters on a page. 

Expressive typography project. (This piece is readable when printed, fyi). I am proud of this project because I successfully conveyed the mood/feelings that were appropriate to each quote. This project was challenging since we were not able to include any sort of illustrations to help convey the thought process, so being able to accurately feel the meaning behind this piece through only type was an accomplishment for me.








These last pictures are apart of my Saba rebranding project. The paper bag is the direct mailer. The event that the mailer is promoting is a canned food drive and if you bring in canned foods, you get a lunch from Saba for free. (All of this is outlined on the insert, and on the back is the special menu for the Lunch for Lunch day). The last picture is the specialty project. I made custom Beer of the Month glasses and packaging for every season. I screen printed the design on all of the glasses with glass frosting chemically stuff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment